Friday, July 19, 2013

Andrews Hamburgers!

My sister recommended this place to me a while back and i finally got a chance to check it out yesterday! I had planned to hang out with my friend cameron today, and when we were thinking of what things we should do, he said it should feature food! And i was trying to think where we could go for dinner and andrews hamburgers in albert park popped into my head! Finally id have a reason to go that little bit out of the cbd to check it out! Once that was decided, my stomach was excited for this the entire week haha!
When cam and i met up on the friday at flinders st, it was dark! And raining! The easy option would have been to just grab something simple in the city. But no, i had promised my stomach andrews burgers, and andrews burgers it was gonna get! I try to keep my promises! :P it felt like a quest, or pilgrimage to me. A journey to find this hallowed burger! I am not even quite sure what hallowed means!
So we hopped on the number 1 tram, and thanks to my trusty gps on my iphone, jumped off when we got close to the location, 144 bridport rd albert park (bridport totally seems like its missing a g and an e to me :P)
And the cool thing was, the tram stop we got off plunked us right near andrews! On that dark, rainy night, seeing the glowing lights of that shop was like spotting an oasis in the desert :) and the wonderful smell got better as we approached. I was so excited when we got there. The place was packed! Which is always encouraging.
I read on another blog that the way the staff move and coordinate themselves as they take orders and cook the burgers is like a wonderful dance. And it really was. I spoke to the man serving us and said ive heard such great things about this place! He said if you came back here 60 years ago, the burger would taste exactly the same. Nothing has changed. Just a good traditional old school burger. Sounds good to me. As a fan of 80s movies and cartoons, i love old school! :)
Well i took my sisters advice and ordered a beef burger with the lot and a small serving of chips.
And it was glorious.
It tasted so good and was so satisfying! The patty was delicious, the bacon was delicious. Im a big fan of eggs and the egg was perfectly done! Not runny, but moist! I loved it. The chips were also great. It really hit the burger spot. Totally worth the trip down on the tram. And interestingly, its kinda made me a fan of burgers with the lot now! I never normally order them... But now i seem to be a fan and feel inclined to order them at other places, especially fish and chip shops to see how they compare :)
Love Andrews hamburgers!! :)

Andrew's Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi ,

    Your first posts just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1429501/restaurant/Melbourne/Andrews-Hamburgers-Albert-Park
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1459358/restaurant/Melbourne/Bonjour-De-France-Blackburn

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/11473/Melbourne/Mostly-Food-Adventures.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We received a request from Urbanspoon user "Thuan Nguyen" claiming that they are the author of Mostly Food Adventures. It sounds like you, but I'm writing to verify that this is the case and that you want to allow Thuan Nguyen to manage your blog on Urbanspoon.

    You can visit the Urbanspoon page for Mostly Food Adventures here:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/71/11473/Melbourne/Mostly-Food-Adventures.html

    Please reply via email and let me know whether or not we should approve this claim.

    Thanks!
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete